Your opinion on Vitra card design

Our initial designs
photo5771803234388784683 photo5771803234388784685

What do you think? What is your perfect card design?

photo5773820962779805319

4 Likes

I personally love all of the designs.

My favourite, if I was pushed to choose one would be a toss up between 2: Vitr Red and Anthrazit.

I am looking forward to seeing possible metal card options in the future!

3 Likes

Vitr red :heart_eyes:

I don’t like the circle around V, though.

3 Likes

I kind of agree, I think it looks fine on the default/OG card.

But the others, it just doesn’t look quite right.

3 Likes

I actually agree with this as well, it does not quite fit onto the gradient cards the way it currently looks. I feel like it would look better if it where white like in the screenshot I put bellow, any thoughts?

4 Likes

This definitely does look better, I think this would fit the OG card more so than the current.

4 Likes

@ryan What if we dropped the logo all-together? And either add just the V without circle to the top right corner and remove the VITRA top left or just drop the logo.

Could you send some examples please?

4 Likes

What do you guys think of this?

card_mockup

6 Likes

Now this is fire :fire: 100% looks so much better!

4 Likes

Vitr Red, 100%.

I agree with the changes to the V but think it could be a bit bigger.

That being said, on CrowdCube we discussed other names for the card - I liked the name Transparent, and we also discussed a transparent card. Any thoughts on that? Unsure if it’s practical especially as transparent doesn’t exactly work as a colour on a screen for Apple/Android Pay!

4 Likes

N26 has a transparent card & I don’t actually think it looks that good.

Although this image makes it look better than it did when I had my card, it still doesn’t look as good in person.

I think this is something that sounds like a good idea, however I don’t think it should be a priority. Monzo, which was previously Mondo did this after a trademark claim, however it was after they launched and had grown a bigger user base.

So, I agree about changing the name eventually; but not necessarily a transparent card.

3 Likes

That’s true, and we are going to create polls and discussion for everything branding related in the near future.

4 Likes

Anthrazit is my favourite. Will the final design include a notch (primarily an accessibility feature but actually helps anyone correctly orientate the card in the card reader)? I’d like to see recycled plastic as an option, too.

5 Likes

+10000000 for the recycled idea. I think this would be a very niche thing to do. I’m not aware of any currently doing this? (Apart from trend which just closed on C, I think).

I think this could be a nice idea too. Maybe on the back of the card, as I wouldn’t say it’d fit in on the front.

4 Likes

@ryan here’s an example of what I mean - notice the right hand edge NatWest accessible card

5 Likes

Ohhhhh! How didn’t I think of that. Two of my cards already have this :man_facepalming:t3:

Another +1 to this, nice one Martin!

4 Likes

We have though about a “green” card as well, but it will most likely not be right away.

6 Likes

Vitra Red for me, looks more up market and fits in with other established brand designs

4 Likes

Today, I’ve seen a couple of online ads for Virgin Money using a similar colour pallette to the Default design. Here is one of the images virgin_money_current_account_review

4 Likes

What do people think about vertically printed cards? I personally dislike them, but I wonder what the community has to say about them.

4 Likes

© 2021 VitraCash Ltd. All rights reserved.
VitraCash Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (No. 12854518).
Registered Address: 2nd Floor College House, 17 King Edwards Road, Ruislip, London, United Kingdom, HA4 7AE.