VitraCash sets a trend

Hmmm… Where have I heard this idea before? :thinking:

6 Likes

Good to know that Google is channeling our vibes.

Thanks for sharing this, @Martin! I’ll be sure to keep an eye on this.

5 Likes

wow, either a monster of a competitor or see what they offer for a massive exit!

See you all here :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Or we could loan out our algorithm for a nice fee :wink: , Jokes aside this is good as it shows that the premise of Vitracash is needed and that its something that is clearly wanted by the users of Google Pay and on that basis some what assumable for the customers of Apple pay etc.

4 Likes

Be interesting to see how this works out and what if anything will benefit VitraCash, whether it be competition to drive the business forward or working with Google.

@Koray are you on the phone to Google tomorrow? Show them what we have achieved so far and demonstrate that we are ahead of the curve (no joke intended!).

6 Likes

Hmm …… very interesting….

5 Likes

@Steve I see someone has read my autobiography in my profile. :rofl:

4 Likes

This is really positive news! And shows that VitraCash is on to something and have identified a genuine need and gap in the market!

:unicorn::unicorn::unicorn::unicorn::chart_with_upwards_trend:

4 Likes

Sorry I disagree…I see a major competitor with massive resources to throw at this, if they want to…to me it means that VitraCash need to get a move on…and very quickly…the positive would be if they or Apple Pay have a tie up or a purchase…

6 Likes

I agree with you… Google has not a good track record of being very ethical with small competitors.
Anyone remembers the battle around Google maps. Even with patents and proof of abuse.

3 Likes

I think this means Vitra needs to move quickly. This might end ugly otherwise.

6 Likes

@Koray what is your opinion on this news?

5 Likes

Worth pointing out a lot of savvy consumers will go to great lengths to avoid Google, the first thing I thought of was big privacy issues in terms of harvesting transaction data for a free service

Not sure of Vitra’s stance but privacy could be the USP for many. Especially as you’d be limited on what you can glean vs Google combining multiple sources

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this view, Ali. I hadn’t actually thought about that myself, but being reminded by you, this does check out.

I know a lot of my family and friends who use Google services only do it minimally because of privacy.

It’s great having peoples views on this which keeps our conversation going!

3 Likes

I completely disagree as VitraCash will hold loads of information about it’s users. Name and address, spending information, where you spent it and the amount and location history amongst others, so VitraCash can work out your social economic profile pretty easily.

I’m not saying that Google is brilliant in any way but you’re selling your soul to the devil in either case it’s just what devil you want your soul sold to.

This is not unique to VitraCash as it’s nearest and dearest competitor does the same thing and collects the same user data.

Oh I’ve just thought of something else? Will you be using Google or Apple Pay with your card? If so any argument is totally and absolutely over. Why? Well Google and Apple Pay will then have all of the details above.

If people are extremely privacy conscious then using a 3rd party service isn’t the best way of safeguarding privacy.

5 Likes

Normally Google will buy out anything they find will benefit them… YouTube and Motorola come to mind

3 Likes

Like every other company in the world, Apple is notorious for doing the same as well.

3 Likes

IP is going to be the foundation of VitraCash’s defences. Everything in terms of IP/patents/tm’s/etc will have to be bolted down otherwise Google, Apple, whoever, can simply steamroller their way in

5 Likes

I completely agree @Martin if we are not swift enough to protect our IP and specifically the algorithm then the big boys will come in and roll right over us.

Hopefully the team are busy locking things down to prevent this happening? @Ryan :pray:t2: :four_leaf_clover: :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Investors own a tiny bit of the company and the company itself owns any IP. Investors do not and never will own any IP that is created by the above company.

Sorry to be “that guy” but since this is a community related to the above company, any wrong information has to be shut down quickly.

3 Likes