The Week @ VitraCash (28/11-12/12)

The Week @ VitraCash
[WC: 28 November through 12 December]

Hi everyone, welcome to the next instalment of The Week @ VitraCash, where we try to share as much as possible about what we’ve been doing over the past 14 days, keeping you updated and informed.

This Weeks’ Preamble
Firstly this week, I’d like to apologise for the lack of activity on the forum over the past couple of weeks. I have been told countless times by my doctor to slow down and just rest, even though this is something I hate doing.

As I’m sure you’ll have read on VitraCash Staff Update (06/12/21), we have welcomed two new staff members over the past 14 days. We are thrilled to be expanding our family here at VitraCash, and there’s more to come in the New Year!

This week hailed our very first Townhall, a meeting which we will be holding bi-weekly from now on for all our staff to discuss what’s going on in the company, ensuring everyone knows everybody else in their team, and that they feel comfortable in the family. Until this week, we haven’t been ‘big enough’ for the need of this.

Due to changes in UK Government advice, we are continually monitoring our options for our January meal for certain investors. If we need to cancel and or change the date, we hope that we will be able to confirm this to those affected by the end of 22 December at the latest before we look at having a small Christmas break.

Finally this week, I am happy to report that we are now at our very end stage of being ready to invite people to the closed beta test. We are still within our backend timeline for doing this, meaning we are on track for everything else.

What have we been doing this week?

@Koray
We have been switching to a new system with Checkout. Pretty cool stuff and helps our algorithm a lot. We also pushed out the last features necessary to invite new people to the app :slightly_smiling_face:

@Florian
I have been doing a lot of things in the background, helping with recruitment and getting our apps to the beta stage.

@gabriel_sperrer
I have been busy with helping the development team to ensure we reach our final goal of opening the beta testing as soon as possible.

@Ryan
I am still in recovery from surgery, however I am slowly picking the pace up despite being told off by my doctor!

I have also been working behind the scenes on the forum implementing some other updates, as well as continuing the first drafting of our employee handbook.

@Zulfia
This week, Zulfia has been busy with recruitment, having a lot of interviews with prospective engineers!

@benyam
Has been working hard on the Android App getting it ready for beta launch.

@alexey
This week I have been working on Home Screen. Some UI and routing problems have been solved. UI is almost ready to show data from the backend.

@doston
It was onboarding week, I was glad to meet such versatile people. I have been getting used to operations and working on parts of our apps.

@Lesya
This week, I’ve been working on our Instagram account

Instagram, Facebook, SEO & YouTube - This week has seen some stories be posted to our Instagram and Facebook. Did you see them?

GIPHY - :tada: Our VitraCash stickers have received over 1 million views on GIPHY! :champagne:

@kasia.moon
I’ve started mocks of the main page, created a product structure, and chosen the first research method for the competitor analysis :sparkles:

This Weeks’ This Weeks Good To Know

• 2 new people joined our family here at VitraCash!

• :iphone:We are nearly ready to send out Beta Invites!

• :gorilla: Our partnership with Growth Gorilla continues to blossom, and each week they are helping push adverts out through Social Media and Search Engines.

• :deciduous_tree: We hope to announce our partner for Plant a Tree for Every Investor after our Christmas break!

Until the next update or if you have any questions, comments or reactions, you know what to do! :point_down:t3:

Signing off;
~ Ry :man_technologist:

6 Likes

Again, can’t wait for the beta lunch! :eyes:

5 Likes

me too, I must everyday check this community site for catch betatest in beginning…

5 Likes

Me too, had the email and filled the survey in.

4 Likes

Is everyone in London now except you @Ryan ?

2 Likes

No, we’re still all spread out!

2 Likes

Agreed. I’ve responded to everything asked by return and just looking forward to hearing back now. I’ve another trip planned early in the new year so I’m hoping to have the card by then.

2 Likes

Not looking great in Scotland regarding restrictions, a little better in England but a very fluid situation just now.

4 Likes