The week @ VitraCash (12/07-25/07)

The Week @ VitraCash [WC: 12 July through 25 July]

Hi all, welcome to the second post in the The Week series. Despite saying this would be a weekly blog; we have been very busy bees in the background, and so we have all enjoyed our downtime for a change in the blistering European weather we’re having.

As I mention above, for the past 2 weeks we have been very busy mainly working in the background. I know when I say in the background, this sounds like just something to say even though we’ve been sat round eating tea and biscuits; however, I assure you that we are working hard to get this product delivered for you all.

Since our last update, @koraykoska has been busy with getting the process for printing our cards ready, working on the Android and iOS configuration and a whole lot of meetings. His cat is also ready for her flight back to Austria soon!

@FlorianWinkler has returned from seeing Koray out in Bali where they were able to work together a little better, and has been busy writing articles for the likes of Forbes and other ways of getting us some attention through marketing/PR agencies. He’s written documents, had meetings, and looked up some great possible locations for our London office. While out in Bali, he managed to scale the highest mountain there.

@gabriel_sperrer hasn’t fully started with us yet, however he has still been helping out by setting up the coding projects for potential engineers and having some interviews with them.

@ryan, I have been a headless chicken, doing multiple things at once to ensure we are able to keep going at a good momentum. I have taken HR and Compliance and Anti-Money Laundering under my wing as part of my duties. I am in the middle of writing our staff handbook, as well as continuing to interview potential candidates for the iOS Engineer role. I’ve been working hard at getting our staff health insurance ready to go from 01 August, as well as the platform we have chosen to use for hiring the global workforce.

@benyam has been working hard on the Android development, and getting to know some of the different features we’ll be implementing into the software/app.

We have taken on a new Project Management Intern, @Gus, who will mainly work with Florian and Gabriel for the time being, primarily for a 4 week period.

I am slightly concerned that not many people have voted in the Next Investor Hangout poll, so we don’t really have a massive clear view of when investors would want to have a call. However, taking the majority here right now, we will look at setting up one for a mid-week afternoon. Keep an eye on your inbox as we will send a sign up link to the hangout in a Crowdcube email to ensure all investors are reached.

Until the next update, if you have any questions, feel free to drop a post or comment on the forum!

Signing off;
~ Ry :man_technologist:

:bulb: Do you know an iOS Developer? Have them apply! :point_down:t3:

3 Likes

Can we still expect a launch by end of July?

2 Likes

Hi John

As I’ve mentioned here;

We are targeting August, although probably latter half of the month.

Contributions to this change are various, however this is not something unexpected and we were ready to have to amend the launch date around any delays.

1 Like

What’s promoting the move?

@Zulfia_Kadarberdieva still working the marketing front?

1 Like

I think I’d work a little better in Bali too.

1 Like

The registered office is not somewhere we currently occupy, as with many businesses, this is with our solicitors.

Zulfia is still helping out with the social media as and when she can, but we hope our talks with PR agencies will throw our name out there louder for people to know about us.

1 Like

Just been reading about everything you said so far to Ben (the guy who left) and was wondering if there is any way to talk to him and hear his side to what happened?

2 Likes

Hi John

As we said in the update when he left, he chose to leave for personal reasons. If it had been a business decision to let him go, we’d have been transparent and let everyone know this.

The answer to your question would be no, as we’re not about to give his personal details out for people to find out his personal reason for leaving.

It was a tough decision for Ben to make, but in the circumstances of which I know why, he definitely made the right choice for himself at this time. We are of course, gutted that he has left the team, but we all understand why he would have chosen to leave.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Just checking she is still involved with the company and just busy with other things?

1 Like

Yes she is! No need to worry.

1 Like

© 2021 VitraCash Ltd. All rights reserved.
VitraCash Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (No. 12854518).
Registered Address: 2nd Floor College House, 17 King Edwards Road, Ruislip, London, United Kingdom, HA4 7AE.