The Week @ VitraCash (11/10-17/10)

The Week @ VitraCash
[WC: 11 October through 17 October]

Hi all, welcome to the latest post in the The Week series.

As usual, everyone has been busy this week, so let’s see what’s been happening.

This Weeks Personals

@koraykoska has been busy with lots of things behind the scenes that all add up to a lot, as well as assisting with the apps.

@FlorianWinkler has been busy with lots of things behind the scenes that all add up to a lot, as well as assisting with the apps.

@gabriel_sperrer has been hard at work getting the iOS app ready for BETA launch.
(We haven’t bothered them with giving us a detailed update as it’s more important to get the app finished right now!)

@Ryan has been busy with some behind the scenes stuff like code of conduct, ZenDesk etc. He has been out of office since Friday after having surgery, and we look forward to having him back next week.

@benyam has been hard at work getting the Android app ready for BETA launch.
(We haven’t bothered them with giving us a detailed update as it’s more important to get the app finished right now!)

@Zulfia_Kadarberdieva This week, Zulfia has been busy with our social media presence. She’s kindly provided us some numbers so everyone can see our progression!

Instagram, SEO & YouTube - Unfortunately, in addition to the two outages of Facebook owned social media last week, we are still having problems with our Instagram. We hope to get this sorted as soon as possible.

GIPHY - Our Vitra stickers are out! :boom: They’ve already received over 11K views). New stickers are coming soon and it is now possible to use the stickers on TikTok, Instagram, WhatsApp, and so on.

This Weeks Good To Know

• Our first ever real world transaction with a VitraCard took place on 30 September!

• Our apps are close to being opened to Investor BETA testing.

• Cards are ready for shipping! :truck:

• Merchandise has entered the printing process. We have seen an awesome pre-production print of our notebook and… wow.

• Staff shirts have been received! :eyes: :tshirt:

• Our partnership with Growth Gorilla continues to blossom and help us ready towards launch, with some exciting bits nearly ready to go live. This week some adverts have gone live, and some more are getting ready. You may have seen it on Facebook or other social media!

• We are close to confirming which provider we will be going through to Plant a Tree for Every Investor. (I know this has been here for a couple of weeks, however it’s important for you all to know that we’re not forgetting about it).

Until next update, if you have any questions, feel free to drop a post or comment on the forum!

7 Likes

Wishing @ryan a speedy recovery :wrench:

2 Likes

Definitely, hope you recover fast @ryan!

2 Likes

I hope it’s not serious @ryan. Get well soon!

4 Likes

What is the current ETA on launch? I understand there have been some hurdles recently but a little concerning that every day that is not generating revenue is eating into a finite pool of Crowdcube money.

3 Likes

I guess there is gonna be many more funding rounds.
Maybe you could partner with Arival Bank or others in order to differentiate yourself from Curve and others.

3 Likes

What do you mean when saying partner with Arival Bank? How would that benefit the company? What advantages would it bring?

2 Likes

On the theme of future funding rounds, I noted a pitch on Crowdcube that had Gary Dolman on their board.

It turns out for one day a month and it seems as well as an advisory role his name added weight to the pitch, given his credentials.

Looking at LinkedIn seems he does consulting for a number of start-ups.

Just a thought in preparation for anything that may or may not happen in the future.

I personally don’t agree with this type of tactic.

Just having someone for - what is normally an extortionate amount of money - a day or 2 a month on ‘the board’ is not something I am interested in; and would fight hard to ensure our company didn’t need this type of, what I’ll call it, ‘corporate name dropping’.

These people very rarely actually add anything to the company and want a lot of money for it.

VitraCash wants to be the name that get people excited itself; not someone else.

We will be funding in the future as we have already discussed, and one would hope that our amazing fundraising success and launch will be good enough.

2 Likes

There could be many options.

1. Offer Company “Team” oriented Accounts where you issue different cards and let them handle the Company Bank Accont side of things. I think only focusing on Cards might not be enough in the long run.
  2. Use their API for analyzing spendings and forwarding that to Accounting Systems.
  3. Or just offer private accounts with the full crypto exposure while focusing on what you have the experience in which is spending the money.
  4. Or maybe just share experiences because they just launched with an American License. They might be interested in what you have done in the EU.

I think it is very important to open different relationships with others in this business. But if you get good relationships in an early stage then that makes things easier :smiley:
Just an Idea. Maybe youve got completely different views on the future of Accounts. But i guess every Fintech will have Bank Accounts in the future because it is getting easier to get a License.
Or maybe Wise is a good idea too.

2 Likes

We will add this to our backlog; however I can confirm we are not looking at any type of account in the way of a bank account in the near future.

Curve doesn’t offer bank accounts and is still doing a resounding good offering for people.

We are something that Curve doesn’t offer & this gives us an advantage.

Right now, let’s get launched with our card, secure another great funding round and then we’ll start on different levels of our offering - for example adding insurance or similar.

3 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

Interesting.

1 Like

Don’t read into it too much.

1 Like

I’m excited about the merch. @ryan are you autographing mine?

1 Like

Unfortunately I will not be; yours is going directly from Project Merchandise in London.

Which should have or will be sent by the end of the week.

2 Likes

Oh so soon! Christmas is coming early.

2 Likes

Thank you for the Answer :slight_smile:

3 Likes

© 2021 VitraCash Ltd. All rights reserved.
VitraCash Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (No. 12854518).
Registered Address: 2nd Floor College House, 17 King Edwards Road, Ruislip, London, United Kingdom, HA4 7AE.