My physical card πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€

It’s being worked on as fast as possible, when we’ve fixed the issue we will announce it in the beta category.

6 Likes

Hi Ryan,

I am looking forward to you announcement on this so I can activate my card. Cheers

3 Likes

I have ordered my physical card 16 days ago (living in the Netherlands), but I didn’t receive it yet. Should I assume it will not arrive anymore?

2 Likes

It should be arriving. Why not ?

2 Likes

Because it already took 16 days…

3 Likes

It will arrive, but please be patient.

We are working on lead times; however with new rules coming into force after Brexit everything is taking longer as customs and border controls now have to inspect almost everything coming into an EU country from the UK.

The longest time it has taken so far is ~25 days in total.

3 Likes

I’m still having problems getting it up and running after password reset, after reinstalling app due to problems.

I am back in the app it crashes when trying to add a card… my bank app tells me a VIT transaction for 0.01p occurs.

This is on Android and when inputting card I select my saved card and the parsing of data on the expiry date doesn’t work so I put that in manually and of course the CVV code.

Question should the card number have spaces between the 4 digits or not for the add to take place?

1 Like

It shouldn’t matter.

We are working on the issue though.

1 Like

I have put some information and screenshots in the add card thread

1 Like

I suggest that the team should address the issue of the time to receive the physical card. Having to wait more than 2 weeks is a bad start, and demotivates users from applying, when it gets known.

I know the problems that exist, with Brexit, COVID, and the EU costums checking every package that comes from outside EU, and the backlog it creates until the proccess is finished and the package clears costums.

Are the cards created by Vitra, in your offices, or it’s outsourced? Is there a way to have the cards created, or shipped from an EU country, to avoid this delay? Is it viable? Do the costs permit it?

2 Likes

It’s outsourced, and they are printed in the UK.

As a β€˜UK brand’ right now, for beta purposes etc, it’s not something we would look at changing.

We are wary of the issues & have planning in the works with our partners to use one of their EU hubs for EU/EEA cards in the future. Right now it is more of a cost which doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

Yes, i understand that in this phase it’s not viable.

I’m glad to know that it’s something the team has thought off, has it can affect negatively the experience.

2 Likes

I just have to add no Fintech or bank IFAIK has a card manufacturer in house. They all outsource as it’s cheaper.

3 Likes

I think that’s correct. It just doesn’t make sense financially due to the massive costs to encode the card chip etc.
But some banks do hybrid solutions, eg Metro Bank did (Or still can) personalise a card and hand it to you in the branch, likewise Amex has the ability to give you a card on the spot.
Either way, it isn’t something a Fintech needs to care about. Outsource to a professional company who knows what they are doing!

3 Likes

Ah yes but they’re actually quite innovative in that area so much so they used that fact in their marketing, or they used to. Come in branch apply for an account and get a card the same day type thing.

Never had an account there so couldn’t tell you about the quality of their cards unfortunately.

However each branch of the above bank has their own mini version it’s not a central card manufacturer.

They had 2.4 million customers in the UK as of July 2021.

1 Like

Please can you check where is going my physical card? It was ordered a month ago. Thanks

1 Like

Hi @jaruzelski

Can you please email us at: support@vitracash.com and we’ll help you with this.

Ryan

1 Like

On a lark, I tried activating my physical card and it worked. Previously this crashed the android app.

2 Likes

Found the same. The app update dated 17 Jan (6152ee version) fixed it for me.

2 Likes

Unfortunately not everyone with that version is being able to - but fingers crossed it rolls out for people.

Staff Notice:
Thread closed as an update to Ongoing Issues will be posted this afternoon.

2 Likes