Mastercard: Touch Card

I know your cards are ready already, but maybe this is something for later on if you didn’t implemented it already of course (would be the squared version instead of the notch if I’m right? ) :

2 Likes

Nice spot @Kastello. Is this a relatively new thing?

Edit: I see October 25th 2021 on the link :laughing:

2 Likes

If anything Vitracard likely is a solution for people who need accessible cards as if the algorithm works as intended there they will only have to have one card and so these notches would prove pointless/not fulfil their use if applied to the Vitracard as it could hold all of these card types on one ?

3 Likes

Hey, welcome Andy and good challenge there.

2 Likes

Even if the algorithm works, there is always the case where something doesn’t work. Chip damaged, card blocked and so on. Maybe an offline transaction during flight, car rental etc where a creditcard is needed. Maybe you lost even your card. So I’m sure also those will carry at least 1-2 backup cards.

Even if you just carry another card (real creditcard for example) he could feel the difference and choose which he wanna use.

Never just carry one card. That’s careless/negligent. → Murphy’s law

3 Likes

Agreed on always carrying more than one and that things may not always work as intended, but in this case which “notch” (Credit,Debit,Prepaid) would you apply to the Vitracard ?

May be a case of having to put some kind of brail or other type of notch ?

3 Likes

If I’m right the Vitracard is a debit card, so it would be the squarish one for vitra.
If you carry a full creditcard, it would be round. So you can easily feel which is which :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah makes sense, although I feel even though the Vitracard is a debit card it can be any of those at least with the way I envisioned the app/algorithm. May be a good time to mention that having prepaid cards with the ability to be added would be cool I think ?

Also on a side note nice to meet you both look forward to our journey together as investors! @Steve & @Kastello

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure you can add any type of card to the vitracard. But it will be always seens as debit card for the paying system / merchant. (at least that’s how curve works too)

And yes nice to meet you @Andy it’s always nice to see fellow investors here in the forum!

2 Likes

Ahh that makes a lot of sense then, In my head it worked as Curve would be like a middle man and it would route through to Amex or Barclaycard etc.

So it actually charges the Curve card and then they deal with it ?

2 Likes

Exactly. They always see “curve” as card. Then they /curve route it to your choosen card where they forward everything else MCC Code, Merchant and so on but they add Crv. infront of each transdaction so you can see which got routet trough it and which not.

But he merchant will never see you used your amex card. That’s also the reason why you should do chargebacks via them and not amex for example.

But that’s just a simple break down. I’m pretty sure their system is way more complex :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

The VitraCards’ (already printed) will come with a notch. We announced this a while back, I do remember either posting it somewhere or it was at the Investor meet up.

Extremely similar to this one from Wise (formally TransferWise), location may differ.

I do believe we are supporting this, or are looking at supporting it. Again, I think it’s somewhere within the many posts and topics on the forum.

Similar with Curve, the merchant will never see the cards behind your VitraCard. The VitraCard is the card you are physically making the transaction with; we then pull the funds from the most appropriate card for the transaction.

Topic will close at midnight tonight, to allow any further comments on this post.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s why I said for the future/later on, and not for now :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: !

2 Likes

As we already have the notch, I do not see us changing it to a new design unless we become mandated to do so by MasterCard.

It’s a very minor shape change, which would cost a lot of money for us to change.

With us being a debit only card, we won’t need to worry about any different shapes for cards either, so we will retain the small semi-circular notch, unless like I say, we become mandated by MC to change it in the future.

2 Likes

Ahh I see, I thought it would be an easy to do change!

2 Likes

While it’s semi easy - we just have to take the new design and apply it - the cost involved in that is usually a lot, especially for a startup anyway. The big players have tons of money to be able to implement it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

© 2021 VitraCash Ltd. All rights reserved.
VitraCash Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (No. 12854518).
Registered Address: 2nd Floor College House, 17 King Edwards Road, Ruislip, London, United Kingdom, HA4 7AE.