Curve shooting themselves in the foot

@Ryan @Koray

If Vitra can launch your card/allow onboarding soon, you may find plenty of interested customers.

Curve have just announced some changes that will leave many disappointed customers looking for an alternative…

You may not see Curve as your key competitor, but there is potential for a lot of overlap in potential customers…

7 Likes

I mean… at least I can use my Curve… I still can’t use my Vitracard months after getting it

6 Likes

Thanks for posting this @gt94sss2

Well, unless Curve grandfathers existing Curve Blue customers, these changes are going to make Curve pretty useless for me. I originally signed up for Curve because my primary credit cards weren’t contactless or didn’t support Google Pay. But, now they all are contactless and only my Barclaycard isn’t supported by Google Pay. The propositions in the paid tiers just aren’t compelling enough.

5 Likes

Curve needs competition in order to increase the value proposition

4 Likes

I agree but also disagree. Curve and VitraCash are going after two different types of user so competition from VitraCash might not be true competition for Curve and likewise for Curve for VitraCash.

4 Likes

What issues are you having? I’m thinking of signing up here for a card as Curve is committing suicide due to the card limit.

Are there extra weekend fx fees while travelling and spending in another currency like Curve?

Does Vitra use standard mastercard exchange rates and then charge the underlying card in GBP?

2 Likes

2 Likes