Curve BRAVO. How about Lanistar?

As you can imagine VitraCash gets compared to Curve all the time. So I really did have a large range of feelings about Curve.

Lately after talking to our founders a lot …I figured out, that Curve is actually great!

In its time (years ago) it must have been extremely difficult to bring this idea to life and to make such a great idea become real.

Even though they had it easier in some moments , in many and many cases they really had to be super creative and create something from nothing. Many of those things were nearly impossible when they started. That’s breathtaking :star_struck:

Some companies tried the same idea, but did not make it yet. Lanistar had an idea of making a pin pad on their card ,so users can choose a card manually on the Lanistar card when paying. But Lanister doesn’t seem to be launching really. Have anyone tried it ?

Here is a screenshot from Lanister AppStore app

5 Likes

I singed up to Lanister over a year ago, never another peep out of them.
I know they managed to get over their licensing issue they had a lot of publicity about but seems there is more bad news regarding the owners. Not sure they will ever launch.

4 Likes

Tried to create an account some time ago. Never worked and I abdoned them :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Yes … they just collected data ….well I still hope ! They did a looot of Instagram marketing, which seemed to work

3 Likes

That’s about where my Lanistar journey ended

They also messed up SSL certificates for their support website, which gives me very sketchy vibes…let’s take it as a case study on what not to do

they did get Mastercard to make a press release, which adds a lot of credibility. Vitra should definitely look into partnerships/endorsements in the long run, to present itself as an underdog but viable competitor

4 Likes

We are working with a PR Agency which will handle all of this alongside @Florian.

3 Likes

I use Curve as my main way of paying for goods and services via my phone. For transparency purposes I am also a moderator in their community. Same user name. If you’re there be sure to say hi.

4 Likes

I am fluttered to see several Curve employees here on our forum !

I was thinking to go register on Curve Community forum. But then … did not want to make it look like an advertisement there. Because I know I would mention VitraCash in every post :grinning::rocket::rocket:

Curve has very passionate community forum moderators!! If they also go try other similar products! Cool :sunglasses:

I think one of the most important qualities of an employee is genuine interest in the company :blush:(which could also include monitoring similar companies)

5 Likes

Hi ya Zulfia, just to correct you I’m absolutely NOT a Curve employee. I am a user that the Community Manager sees that I (hopefully) have the skills needed to ensure the community is running smoothly without issues.

All moderators are users of the community that the community manager has hand picked. They use the same community sortware as this so if you’re ever looking for a moderator, you could do worse. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m all for that…I throughly enjoy a friendly feude…also loved the brazenness of that curve employee that had a squirrel as his profile picture (unfortunately can’t remember his name)…made me smile as I saw his “I can’t sign up” post :smiley:

3 Likes

Lol I like anything FinTech so why not?

4 Likes

Think you’re talking about @FlareCO :wink:

3 Likes

You are welcome to join. :slight_smile:

:kissing_heart:

shhhhhh!

5 Likes

Yes that’s him! …location curve universe…:joy::joy::joy::100:

Also, can someone drop a link to the curve forum? Now I wanna check it out too :smiley:

3 Likes

Just a forewarning this would go against

If someone was to send it to you in PM and it not be reported, it would be alright.

5 Likes

Maybe try to replace the name of this community with the name of the other community. https://community.vitracash.com/

If that’s against the rules please delete.

I didn’t provide a link to the other community so hopefully it’s ok…

4 Likes

Don’t worry. You’re safe Leon! :smiley:

5 Likes

I was user of Curve, but I didnt like their security process of payments. I was missing 2FA in many cases mainly on internet payments. In physical store is a little better. Nice figure can be option to set value for payments PIN authentication/authorization of payment over that limit ( ideally easy to change it in app.)

4 Likes

That is actually a legit idea. I do not know if VitraTeam thought about this yet

2 Likes

It’s legally obliged :balance_scale: to support and require 3DS for online payments in EU :eu:. Curve supports it of course for pretty long time… 👮‍♂

3 Likes