Bad Card transactions

Hi - I am concerned that as a debit card if an online payment is made and found to be a con then I would not be able to claim my money back from the credit card company as it is not a credit card transaction - am I correct?

3 Likes

Hi and welcome @john1

Paging @Ryan

2 Likes

Hi @john1

Thanks for your question & cheers @Steve.

The VitraCard acts as a payment processor/gateway. While you are making the physical transaction with your VitraCard, the money is being physically taken from your credit card. This would constitute it being a credit card transaction.

Another way I can describe it is; we are a virtual card for your credit card. While they’re different credentials; the money is still coming from your credit card and therefore is for all intents and purposes; a credit card transaction.

3 Likes

Thank you for the clarification @Ryan

3 Likes

Most welcome, John. Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

@john1 That’s actually an excellent question. If there are fraudulent transactions, you can claim a chargeback like with all credit/debit cards directly through VitraCash. If you are not satisfied with our customer support and think your bank can help you better, you can also claim a chargeback directly through your bank. Though we always encourage you in going through us, even for chargebacks, as we will try our best to make your account more secure if fraud happens.

That being said VitraCash adds great fraud protection features like virtual cards, fraud detection, merchant blocking etc. and protects you from fraud, often before it happens.

2 Likes

The answer confirms the validity of using Vitracash as a secure option
@Koray

4 Likes