Android Version with love

We got a new android phone to test the app.

So android version is done with a lot of love. Thanks to @gabriel_sperrer and @benyam

I would say it looks much more beautiful than IOS version. Onboarding process is just super cute and looks like a couple of designers have worked on it :grinning:

And because of known IOS beta problems many bugs have been fixes and won’t occur on Android

And it has some features like FaceId already:)

7 Likes

:sob: Surely both apps will have the same functionality, look and feel, eventually?

3 Likes

Yes they will!

Our amazing @kasia.moon will ensure a good conformity across all OS & phones.

4 Likes

Ahahahah :sweat_smile: that’s the plan.

The functionality is completely same. But right now some features (like Face ID are only available on Android)

But IOS will get faceId in the next days If not today :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

In other fintech app forums, posts about a poor onboarding user experience are very frequent. Cute sounds good - it’ll help to reduce user anxiety/stress/misunderstandings.

5 Likes

Yeah ! I see what you mean

But I guess they mean the difficulty of onboarding? European apps are actually good at it (in general). But the app in Uk (car sharing apps and FinTechs are just horrible ……so horrible … almost impossible to verify your identity and create a profile )
Except of Revolut of course

It looks cuter on Android, but me really made it very easy and almost impossible to fail :blush: on both platforms. I guess it takes 2 minutes or so …

5 Likes

Slightly off topic, but the app updates are automatically pushed or do we need to check in TestFlight if we are on the latest version? I understand once we are public the App Store will take of this but just keen not to miss out a new beta version.

Edit: I have App Store set to manual updates so I don’t have multi GB updates pushing through on mobile data. Not that data is an issue just slows the phone up.

3 Likes

Hey Steve

You should get an email from TestFlight everytime an update is pushed.

You can then go into TF and download it.

4 Likes

Ahh, I was mid way transferring from my iPhone SE to 13 pro max beast right when the last update dropped! Who would have thought 0.5TB in a phone!

3 Likes

Ahahah ! Congratulations! How do you like your new phone ? Did you have this small SE?(that came out after IPhone 6) or a later version?

Nice pic :grin:

3 Likes

Not sure what it was, had it maybe 18 months. Trying to get used to this huge screen!

Yes that was me earlier today delivering presents to patients at the hospital. I was volunteered by my better half who is doctoring over night. Spent the day in the on-call doctor hospital flat, not seen anyone since 4pm, think it’s really busy downstairs in A&E!

4 Likes

Kind of romantic though:))

4 Likes

Hi Zulfia,
How long is ID verification supposed to take? Being stuck for a week now…

2 Likes

Hi @KfitzatHaDerech

I’ll look into this today for you.

3 Likes

Thank you. Account activated and physical card received. I noticed a bug or incomplete feature though. I was testing if the app would let me add a debit card as well as credit cards to my wallet. Every time I tried, the app would quit on me. I appreciate that you are not supposed to add debit cards but it may be wise to implement some sort of error message, rather than a forced app quit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not sure where you got that from - you can add both debit and credit cards. We just don’t support some issuers like American Express and Chase right now.

If your issuer is either not supported or not enforcing a high enough 3DS requirement, the app will crash.

This will be sorted by our app UI update.

2 Likes

I see. I guess I drew the wrong conclusion.

The app crashes when trying to add a Halifax debit card. Also, for Starling, I can type in the numbers but not able to click Continue.

3 Likes

Hi, thank you for using the app. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Some debit cards may fail as its bank does not require 3ds. It will be fixed shortly :)))) We have already implemented a solution.

It’s unsafe to add no 3ds cards. Some banks do not require it, even though it’s required by law now.

3 Likes